Ready to Cast Your Vote?
Your vote counts! When you chose to not vote, you have silenced your own voice. You have taken your right to complain about who your leadership is. The solution?
CAST YOUR VOTE!
Election Day is Thursday, August 7.
Early voting begins Friday, July 18 and ends Saturday, August 2. There are three Early Voting locations.
The Tipton County Election Commission Office, located at 113 E Church St in Covington, will be open the following days and hours for the convenience of early voting for the August 7, 2014 State Primary and County General Elections. Early voting will also be held in the south end of the county at the Munford City Board Room located at 70 College St., Munford, TN. on the same schedule.
Beginning Friday, July 18, and ending Saturday, August 2, Early Voting hours will be: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:30 to 5 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday hours will be 8:30 to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday voting will be from 8:30 a.m. until NOON, 12:00p.m.
TIPTON COUNTY RESIDENTS OF REVERIE AND CORONA: Early Voting will be available on the Island of Corona (Island 37) for residents of Corona and Reverie from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Monday, July 21, 2014 at the home of Ms. Joanne Moore. For more information call the Election Commission at 901-476-0223
The Tipton County Election Commission has reminded us of these rules:
•Voters need to bring a State or Federally issued photo ID with them to vote early. Exemptions from photo ID requirements exist for those who are indigent or have a religious objection to being photographed.
•Voters who need to change their address/name may do so while early voting.
•ALL registered voters are allowed to vote early.
•Persons who registered on by-mail forms must vote in person at the polls or during early voting for the first time after they register. All persons who registered by mail must present one form of acceptable identification and proof of address.
•Anyone else who is unable to appear at your polling place on Election Day or during Early Voting may request a By-mail Ballot for the following reasons:
1. If you will be out of town on Election Day and all days of Early Voting.
2. If you are a full-time student or the spouse of a full-time student enrolled in a college or university outside of Tipton County but in Tennessee.
3. If you are hospitalized, ill, or physically disabled.
4. If you are the caretaker of a hospitalized, ill or disabled person.
5. If you are serving on a state or federal jury.
6. If you are observing a religious holiday and are unable to appear during early voting or at the polls on Election Day.
7. If you are 60 years of age or older.
8. If you are an election official.
9. If you are a candidate for office.
10. If you are on the Permanent Absentee Voting Register. If you are hospitalized, ill, or physically disabled and are not able to appear during early voting or at the polls on Election Day, you may file a Doctor’s Statement of your condition (provided by the Election Office). Once this form is on file you will automatically be mailed a ballot for all future elections in which you are eligible to vote..
In spite of what you may have heard or read elsewhere, the Tipton County Republican Party can not and does not endorse candidates in Primary Elections. Also, there are only two official sites condoned by the TCRP: http://www.tiptoncountyrp.org and our facebook page, which is Tipton County Republican Party. Those are the only two sites produced by the official Tipton County Republican Party. Other sites are not controlled, condoned, or approved by TCRP. As we always encourage you to do: do your homework! :-)